Since 2013, The GO Fund has identified relevant barriers to finishing the task of evangelizing the world — today’s preeminent financial hindrance being student debt. About 60% of college students graduate with $32,000 of student debt , which is an especially limiting factor for those wanting to pioneer a mission to the unreached. The GO Fund partners with mission agencies to make student loan payments for missionaries once they are on the mission field. We have approved 25 families for the student debt repayment program to date, and have a vision to approve 125 by 2020.
As Program Associate, you will report to the Program Director and assist in facilitating an effective selection process for each applicant for the Student Debt Repayment Program (SDRP). You will create a marketing strategy to increase exposure for the SDRP nationwide.
- Cultivate relationships with program applicants
- Recruit qualified individuals to participate in the selection process
- Collaborate with organizations to identify training for missionary candidates not yet ready for the mission field
- Maintain relationships with selected missionary partners to encourage sustainable and healthy long-term ministry overseas
- Assist in developing and implementing a proper candidate evaluation process according to the values of the organization
- Assists in managing the selection process
- Maintains proper correspondence with applicants by offering excellent customer service
- Marketing the SDRP to help increase qualified applicants
- Commitment to and passion for The GO Fund’s mission
- A growing understanding of the remaining unreached people groups and the various strategies employed to finish the task
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Track record of healthy relationship development and maintenance
- Ability to maintain consistent implementation of current selection system
- Ability to critically think and perceive strengths and weaknesses of applicants
- Ability to make difficult decisions
- Ability to regularly meet strict deadlines
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and mode of communication (includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, organization, and follow-through
This position requires the employee to raise personal financial support. The GO Fund will provide resources for the employee, including comprehensive support training and an upfront stipend to assist with the costs of raising support (travel, meals, etc.). Personal donors will make monthly or annual tax-deductible donations to The GO Fund, and The GO Fund will pay the salary of the employee. The GO Fund will make a mandatory monthly deduction of 6% of all funds raised to cover employee benefits such as health insurance, retirement matching, and other benefits.