Since 2013, The GO Fund has identified relevant barriers to finishing the task of evangelizing the world — today’s preeminent financial hindrance being educational loan debt. Two-thirds of college students graduate with $31,400 of educational loans , which is an especially limiting factor for those wanting to pioneer a mission to the unreached. The GO Fund partners with mission agencies to make student loan payments for missionaries once they are on the mission field. We have approved 14 families for the educational loan repayment program to date, and have a vision to approve 125 by 2020.
As the Director of Special Events, you will report to the Executive Director and be responsible for growing and maintaining a successful annual special events calendar for donor cultivation and recognition—major, minor and signature events. You will engage in planning, implementing, promoting, and evaluating annual events. You must possess excellent interpersonal skills and tact, organizational and planning skills, and the ability to recruit and manage volunteer teams to facilitate successful events. Duties are often performed under stressful situations with rigid deadlines. This work requires a great deal of interpersonal activity with an administrative orientation.
- Oversee and develop special events calendar for donor recognition and fund raising cultivation
- Manage vendors, budgets, and volunteers participating in events, including hiring and/or recruiting
- Develop and direct reservations and bookings for special events
- Perform assigned administrative tasks for special events such as contact with clients, availability of dates, correspondence, and tours of facility
- Assure completion of all documents related to an event and assure that payments are made on time
- Facilitate effective coordination during events
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare promotional and supporting material for events
- Solicit corporate sponsorships when needed to offset the costs of events
- Coordinate correspondence and follow-up with guests, volunteers, and other participants following events
- Lifelong dedication to Jesus Christ as Lord
- Commitment to and passion for The GO Fund’s mission
- A growing understanding of the remaining unreached people groups and the various strategies employed to finish the task
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success in special events planning and coordination
- Track record of healthy relationship development and maintenance
- Ability to perform tasks such as facility scheduling, public information, and administrative skills
- Ability to manage volunteer workers
- Ability to regularly meet strict deadlines
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and mode of communication (includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, organization, and follow-through
This position requires the employee to raise personal financial support. The GO Fund will provide resources for the employee, including comprehensive support training and an upfront stipend to assist with the costs of raising support (travel, meals, etc.). Personal donors will make monthly or annual tax-deductible donations to The GO Fund, and The GO Fund will pay the salary of the employee. The GO Fund will make a mandatory monthly deduction of 6% of all funds raised to cover employee benefits such as health insurance, retirement matching, and other benefits.
Join our team and invest in eternity
The GO Fund will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, or gender. However, as a religious organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service, The GO Fund reserves the right to deny employment to individuals that do not lead a lifestyle in obedience to Biblical values.