Since 2013, The GO Fund has identified relevant barriers to finishing the task of evangelizing the world — today’s preeminent financial hindrance being educational loan debt. Two-thirds of college students graduate with $31,400 of educational loans , which is an especially limiting factor for those wanting to pioneer a mission to the unreached. The GO Fund partners with mission agencies to make student loan payments for missionaries once they are on the mission field. We have approved 14 families for the educational loan repayment program to date, and have a vision to approve 125 by 2020.
As the Development Associate, you will report to the Executive Director and carry out the implementation for donor development and relationship building activities for The GO Fund.
- Partners with the Executive Director to scale and implement the “ropeholder” event, including strategic planning, logistics, correspondence with hosts, troubleshooting, and participant follow-up
- Assists the Executive Director to coordinate and manage special events including Vision Dinners and micro events
- Oversees correspondence and relationship building with existing donors, including acknowledgment letters and data mining (i.e. gathering birthdates, children names, prayer requests, etc.)
- Develops and maintains an engagement calendar to connect regularly with non-major donors (i.e. handwritten thank you notes, calls, birthday cards, etc.)
- Documents & enters pledges and donations into CRM database (Salesforce)
- Commitment to and passion for The GO Fund’s mission
- A growing understanding of the remaining unreached people groups and the various strategies employed to finish the task
- Highly administrative; experience and fondness for an office environment
- Expert relationship builder—someone who others enjoy hearing from and being around
- An implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives • Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
This position requires the employee to raise personal financial support. The GO Fund will provide resources for the employee, including comprehensive support training and an upfront stipend to assist with the costs of raising support (travel, meals, etc.). Personal donors will make monthly or annual tax-deductible donations to The GO Fund, and The GO Fund will pay the salary of the employee. The GO Fund will make a mandatory monthly deduction of 6% of all funds raised to cover employee benefits such as health insurance, retirement matching, and other benefits.
Join our team and invest in eternity
The GO Fund will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, or gender. However, as a religious organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service, The GO Fund reserves the right to deny employment to individuals that do not lead a lifestyle in obedience to Biblical values.