Apply for Loan Repayment
Through the Educational Loan Repayment Program, The GO Fund pays the monthly educational loan payments of accepted candidates while they are serving long-term among the unreached. We begin to make monthly payments once our partners are actually working in their cross-cultural destination. Our target is to make the final payment toward the student loans of our partners at the end of the tenth year of service.
- Growing in love for and obedience to Jesus Christ
- Obediently making disciples of Jesus Christ
- Active in service and commitment to a local church body
- Track record of growth in wisdom-filled financial stewardship
- Place of service will be among an unreached people group.
- Length of service will be long-term, or until the specific task is finished.
- Supported and sent by a qualified sending agency or church
- You are already serving in your long-term overseas assignment (it’s okay to apply if you are currently serving in a mid-term capacity [i.e. 2-3 years])
- You are planning to serve in missions for three years or less
- You will not be directly involved in church-planting or discipleship work (i.e. support personnel)
- Your household educational loan debt exceeds $100,000
- Your household educational loan debt is less than $20,000
- None of your student loans are in your name(s) (i.e. parent PLUS loans)
- You are not a citizen of the United States
- You are not being sent by a church or mission agency located in the United States
- You have not completed at least your Bachelor’s degree
Please note that under current IRS tax laws, payments we make toward student loans is considered taxable income. We will issue a 1099 form for each year in which the total payments toward student loans exceed $600.
Start the application process with a sending agency and ensure you are less than two years away from your intended departure date for the field (also acceptable: less than six months from beginning training with your sending agency).
The cost to apply for our educational loan repayment program is $50 for singles and $100 for a married couples. This fee helps support the costs of processing your application and sustaining the program as a whole.
Please take note that all payments are final, and we will be unable to offer refunds on application fees.