Apply For Educational Loan Repayment
Through the Educational Loan Repayment Program, The GO Fund pays the monthly educational loan payments of accepted candidates while they are serving long-term among the unreached. We begin to make monthly payments once our partners are working among the unreached in their long-term assignment. Our target is to make the final payment toward the student loans of our partners at the end of the tenth year of service.
- Growing in love for and obedience to Jesus Christ
- Obediently making disciples of Jesus Christ
- Active in service and commitment to a local church body
- Track record of growth in wisdom-filled financial stewardship
- Place of service will be among an unreached people group*
- Length of service will be long-term, or until the specific task is finished
- Supported and sent by a qualified sending agency or church
*Information on people groups
- You are already serving in your long-term overseas assignment (it’s okay to apply if you are currently serving in a mid-term capacity [i.e. 2-3 years])
- You are planning to serve in missions for three years or less
- You will not be directly involved in church-planting or discipleship work (i.e. support personnel)
- Your household educational loan debt exceeds $100,000
- Your household educational loan debt is less than $20,000
- None of your student loans are in your name(s) (i.e. parent PLUS loans)
- You are not a citizen of the United States
- You are not being sent by a church or mission agency located in the United States
- You have not completed at least your Bachelor’s degree
Please note that under current IRS tax laws, payments we make toward student loans is considered taxable income. We will issue a 1099 form for each year in which the total payments toward student loans exceed $600.
Before applying, please ensure that you have started the application process with a sending agency and that you are two years away or less from your departure to the mission field (also acceptable: six months away or less from beginning training with your sending agency). The cost to process an application is either $50 for singles or $100 for married couples. This fee helps to offset the cost of processing your application. Please click the button below to begin your application. Please take note that all payments are final, and we will be unable to offer refunds on application fees.