Apply for Student Debt Repayment
Through the Student Debt Repayment Program, The GO Fund pays the monthly student debt payments of accepted candidates while they are serving long-term among the unreached. We begin to make monthly payments once our partners are actually working in their cross-cultural destination. Our target is to make the final payment toward the student loans of our partners at the end of the tenth year of service.
- Growing in love for and obedience to Jesus Christ
- Obediently making disciples of Jesus Christ
- Active in service and commitment to a local church body
- Track record of growth in wisdom-filled financial stewardship
- Place of service will be among an unreached people group outside of the United States.
- Length of service will be long-term, or until the specific task is finished.
- Supported and sent by a qualified sending agency or church
- You are already serving in your long-term overseas assignment (it’s okay to apply if you are currently serving in a mid-term capacity [i.e. 2-3 years])
- You are planning to serve in missions for three years or less
- You will not be directly involved in church-planting or discipleship work (i.e. support personnel)
- Your household educational loan debt exceeds $100,000
- Your household educational loan debt is less than $20,000
- None of your student loans are in your name(s) (i.e. parent PLUS loans)
- You are not a citizen of the United States
- You are not being sent by a church or mission agency located in the United States
- You have not completed at least your Bachelor’s degree
Please note that under current IRS tax laws, payments we make toward student loans is considered taxable income. We will issue a 1099 form for each year in which the total payments toward student loans exceed $600.
Start the application process with a sending agency and ensure you are less than two years away from your intended departure date for the field (also acceptable: less than six months from beginning training with your sending agency).
Thank you for your interest in our Student Debt Repayment Program. If married, both husband and wife are required to fill out separate applications. The cost to apply is $50 for singles and $100 for a married couples ($50 charged at the end of each application). This fee helps support the costs of processing your application and sustaining the program as a whole. As you complete the application, we encourage you to save your answers in a separate document to ensure that you do not lose your work. If you have any questions, please email our Program Director, Matthew Sonke.
Please take note that all payments are final, and we will be unable to offer refunds on application fees.